directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Directory on VMBuild
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 20:48:23 GMT
Stefan Seelmann schrieb:
> Hi Brett,

>> Well, it's just running Maven 2.2.1 on JDK 5 as an external process
>> with the following:
>>
>> mvn -Dintegration -B clean deploy
>>
>> Should that work?
>
> I tested this and also a simple "mvn clean install" using Java 5
> (1.5.0_14) on Ubuntu 9.10 and I get the same error. Using Java 6 the
> build works fine.
>
> Let's figure out what's the problem with Java 5. Thanks for the pointer.

Ok, this issue should be fixed. We analyze the stack trace and at least
with Sun 1.5.0_14 64bit there is an additional stack trace element at
index 0:
   java.lang.Thread.dumpThreads(Native Method)

Unfortunately, now the core-integ tests are failing with Java5:

java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file

I think the problem here is that there are some *.bytecode files that
are loaded and they seem to be compiled with Java6.

Stefan