directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Directory on VMBuild
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 16:00:57 GMT
On 2/24/10 4:36 PM, Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi Apache Directory Developers,
>
> I'm currently going through the list of projects running builds on vmbuild.apache.org
and removing those that are no longer used (and helping those that want to get theirs working).
I noticed Directory has some projects that have been failing due to...

> Test failures:
> http://vmbuild.apache.org/continuum/surefireReport.action?buildId=288124&projectGroupId=139&projectId=1501#org.apache.directory.server.core.factory.DirectoryServiceAnnotationTest
>
> Missing snapshot:
> http://vmbuild.apache.org/continuum/buildResult.action?buildId=288127&projectGroupId=139&projectId=1589&projectName=ApacheDS+Installers+Parent
>
> Please let me know if you need any help resolving the issues, or if you no longer want
to use VMBuild so we can free up the resources.

It's most certainly a problem when using annotations and reflection with
continuum, as we don't have the same problem when running standalone
unit tests or tests in hudson.

In this case, we are trying to find some annotation on methods
(@createDS) by using reflection on the class, and if we don't find any @
associated with any method (this is the case), then we try to grab the
class @, which exists in this specific test. However, on continuum, it
seems that it does not find the @, thus call the method with null,
leading with a NPE.

So not our fault, may be a class loader problem is musing around ...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,