directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Bind Request processing
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 09:55:11 GMT
Hi guys,

as I'm writing thorough tests for the BindRequest operation using the
new LDAP API, I'm also reviewing the way ADS handle this operation. I
already found some issues, and I'm sure there are more.

I have one question regarding BindOperation done while we have some
other operations being processed: what should we do ? RFC 4511 says
(4.2.1) :

"Before processing a BindRequest, all uncompleted operations MUST either
complete or be abandoned".

What do we want to implement ? Complete current operations or abandon
all of them?

IMO, I would rather adopt strategy #2 (abandon all) as we may have a
PersistentSearch running, and it can't be completed. Also is simpler to
implement, as we have a list of all the pending operations.

wdyt ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,