directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagariki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New Bind and pending operations question
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 12:12:19 GMT

Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> Hi,
>
> when the client issue a first BindRequest, the messageId will be '1'. It
> will start a new LdapSession on the server, with all the subsequent
> operations having an incremented messageId. The clinet is responsible
> for the ID generation.
>
> Now, if the client issue a new BindRequest, should the messageId be
> incremented, or reset to 1 ? My understanding is that we are stil in the
> same LdapSession,

am a bit confused about the semantics of this 'LdapSession',
AFAIU, I treat one LdapSession is associated with a one successful bind.

I might sound stupid, but this is a q I have,
If we perform multiple binds on an already bound session then to which session the server
associates
the incoming requests? (my thinking is that that will be the last successfully bound session)

Kiran Ayyagari