directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject New Bind and pending operations question
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 11:17:26 GMT

when the client issue a first BindRequest, the messageId will be '1'. It
will start a new LdapSession on the server, with all the subsequent
operations having an incremented messageId. The clinet is responsible
for the ID generation.

Now, if the client issue a new BindRequest, should the messageId be
incremented, or reset to 1 ? My understanding is that we are stil in the
same LdapSession, with a request for new credentials, and we then need
to use an incremented ID.

For instance, in this scenario, where the ID is in parentheses after the
request :

the XXX should be 4.

Now, that raise another question : whet should we do with the responses
to (3), assuming we haven't received all of it ? Should we discard them
? My understanding is that they are still valid.

wdyt ?

Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message