directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: Implementing a simple interceptor: Adding it to the chain
Date Sun, 07 Feb 2010 10:00:53 GMT
Good morning Emmanuel!

Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
> I will have a look at it tomorrow.

That would be great! Thanks!

> Let me check what this interceptor does, and I'll give you some advice
> about where to inject it.

It tries to fulfill the requirement that no user password should be
stored in the directory in clear text. Therefore it intercepts the
modify and the add operation, and if a userPassword value is given in
plain text by the client, it changes the value of the attribute to a
hashed value (algorithm is configurable, defaults to MD5).

> Thanks a lot for this doco !

It was great to see how simple it was to accomplish this task. In fact
our server is indeed extensible :-)

I hope to revise the documentation in the near future.

Greetings from Hamburg,
     StefanZ