directory-dev mailing list archives

From Amila Suriarachchi <amilasuriarach...@gmail.com>
Subject Setting the Access control details
Date Wed, 27 Jan 2010 17:03:24 GMT
hi,

Currently I am looking into the possibilities of setting the access control
details with Apache directory service.

As I saw if we create a user under ou=users,ou=system, then only that user
(except admin) can access his details but others can not.

How can I do the same thing under a different partition.

eg ou=foo

With the given user guide and using Directory studio I learned that I can
use accessControlSubEntry and SubEntry Object classes for that
by giving access control polices with prescriptiveACI. In fact I could get
the given samples work.

How can I write the prescriptiveACI for the above requirement. From the
Directory Studio UI I saw user type called "This Entry" and Item type
"self value". Can those values use for that?

thanks,
Amila.

Amila Suriarachchi
WSO2 Inc.