directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Configuring Apache Directory studio with kerberos
Date Fri, 29 Jan 2010 09:42:16 GMT
Amila Suriarachchi wrote:
> I could successfully run the following[1] tutorial with Apacheds 1.5.5.
> But this uses kinit as the login tool.
> Can I do the same thing with Apache Directory studio?

Yes, you could use Kerberos/GSSAPI to authenticate to the ApacheDS LDAP
service. You have two options:

If you use kinit and obtained a TGT from the ApacheDS Kerberos server
you have real single-sign-on. You just need to select 'GSSAPI
(Kerberos)' as authentication method for your connection [2] and you
don't need to authenticate again.

Alternatively you could select 'Obtail TGT from KDC'. With that option
you need to provide the username and password to get a new TGT from the
Kerberos server. But note that this TGT can only be used within Studio,
for accessing the LDAP server.

Kind Regards,
Stefan

[2]http://directory.apache.org/studio/static/users_guide/ldap_browser/tools_connection_properties.html