directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] I18n
Date Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:46:53 GMT
Felix Knecht a écrit :

> Finally I did it. Most of the error messages are now ready for i18n (and
> translations). I hope that all messages have been replaced correctly and
> that still the same error message is shown in case, but I don't know how
> I could test this.
> Duplicates have been replaced and commented where available. I leave the
> commented duplicates in the code and properties-file. This way obvious,
> which ERR_xxx can be used when adding new error messages.
>
> "mvn clean install" is passing well
> "mvn clean install -Dintegration":
>  - JDK1.6 is hanging in StockServerISuite test case
>  - JDK1.5 fails with error [2]

Will check that...
> For translation of non error message we have 2 possibilites (because no
> error code is needed):
> a) Use the same method as for the error codes and have a MSG_xxx key for
> each message
> b) Use inline messages (see also [1])). Doing so the inline messages are
> used as keys if existing in the i18n-properties file. As translators
> need to know which inlines can be used as keys the need to be put into
> the default properties file (but commented) for having a list of
> available keys

I would say #1.

Otherwise, congrats for the great work ! Now, up to the translations ;)

Just a side question : can't we define a range par project? For
instance, apacheds-core would use errors between 1000 and 1999,
shared-ldap use from 12000 to 12999, etc ? Just in order to be able to
add errors which describes the project they have been generated in, and
gives us a clue about what's going on ? Just wondering ...

--
Regards,
Cordialement,