directory-dev mailing list archives

From Felix Knecht <fel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] I18n
Date Sun, 24 Jan 2010 15:08:07 GMT

Finally I did it. Most of the error messages are now ready for i18n (and
translations). I hope that all messages have been replaced correctly and
that still the same error message is shown in case, but I don't know how
I could test this.
Duplicates have been replaced and commented where available. I leave the
commented duplicates in the code and properties-file. This way obvious,
which ERR_xxx can be used when adding new error messages.

"mvn clean install" is passing well
"mvn clean install -Dintegration":
 - JDK1.6 is hanging in StockServerISuite test case
 - JDK1.5 fails with error [2]

For translation of non error message we have 2 possibilites (because no
error code is needed):
a) Use the same method as for the error codes and have a MSG_xxx key for
each message
b) Use inline messages (see also [1])). Doing so the inline messages are
used as keys if existing in the i18n-properties file. As translators
need to know which inlines can be used as keys the need to be put into
the default properties file (but commented) for having a list of
available keys

What can be the preferable way?

Regards
Felix

[1]
i18n/src/test/java/org/apache/directory/server/i18n/InlineMessageTest.java

[2] (more to follow with same error
"java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class"

-
Test set: org.apache.directory.server.core.suites.SchemaISuite
-
Tests run: 191, Failures: 0, Errors: 6, Skipped: 96, Time elapsed:
16.518 sec <<< FAILURE!
testAddComparatorWithByteCodeToEnabledSchema(org.apache.directory.server.core.schema.MetaComparatorHandlerIT)
 Time elapsed: 0.005 sec  <<< ERROR!
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorException:
ERR_333 Unexpected exception. [Root exception is
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file]
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.throwInterceptorException(InterceptorChain.java:1463)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain.access$700(InterceptorChain.java:71)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain$Entry$1.add(InterceptorChain.java:1205)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.journal.JournalInterceptor.add(JournalInterceptor.java:129)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain$Entry$1.add(InterceptorChain.java:1197)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.trigger.TriggerInterceptor.add(TriggerInterceptor.java:284)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain$Entry$1.add(InterceptorChain.java:1197)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.event.EventInterceptor.add(EventInterceptor.java:152)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.interceptor.InterceptorChain$Entry$1.add(InterceptorChain.java:1197)
	at
org.apache.directory.server.core.collective.CollectiveAttributeInterceptor.add(CollectiveAttributeInterceptor.java:354)