directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Dependency cleanup
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2010 20:29:30 GMT
Hi,

I'd like to cleanup the dependencies of shared and apacheds.

1st I think we should remove unused external dependencies.

In apacheds each module defines its own dependencies to several shared
projects. I had the idea to create a "shared-all" module that aggregates
all shared modules and to use this single "shared-all" in apacheds. We
could add it as dependency to apachds parent pom and remove all other
dependencies to shared. At the end I think we use all shared modules
somewhere in apacheds, this would help to avoid lot of dependency
declarations.

For internal dependencies I think it makes sense to use Mavens
transitive dependency resolution. E.g apacheds-core depends on
apacheds-api depends on apacheds-entry, in that case we can remove the
direct dependency apacheds-entry from apacheds-core.

Kind Regards,
Stefan