directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject About AttributeType, superior and USAGE
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 12:16:24 GMT
Hi,

I have an issue while refactoring the schema. I want to have your opinion
about it.

RFC 4512 states that :

"

2.5.1.  Attribute Types

   An attribute type governs whether the attribute can have multiple
   values, the syntax and matching rules used to construct and compare
   values of that attribute, and other functions.
<snip>
   The attribute type indicates whether the attribute is a user
   attribute or an operational attribute.  If operational, the attribute
   type indicates the operational usage and whether or not the attribute
   is modifiable by users.  Operational attributes are discussed in
   Section 3.4.

   An attribute type (a subtype) may derive from a more generic
   attribute type (a direct supertype).  The following restrictions
   apply to subtyping:

      - a subtype must have the same usage as its direct supertype,..."

In our case, we have 5 AT which inherit from distinguishedName or
Name, which is a User attrinuteType, and have another Usage :
apacheAlias(distinguishedName),
autonomousAreaSubentry(distinguishedName), apacheExistence (name),
accessControlSubentries(distinguishedName),
triggerExecutionSubentries(distinguishedName)

I don't think they should inherit from any other AT, IMO. WDYT ?

--
Regards,
Cordialement,