directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Replacing specific per-plugin version properties by version inherited from the parent pom ?
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 07:53:39 GMT
Hi Felix,

On 3 déc. 2009, at 22:01, Felix Knecht wrote:

> Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot schrieb:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'd like to propose the removal of our specific per-plugin version to use the inherited
parent pom version instead.

> That was a requirement at the time I created the maven build - but I've
> never really understood, why they might have a different version ...

That's exactly what I remembered when writing the first mail actually.

The idea was to recreate the build we had with Ant+Ivy and in case of a small update only
distribute the plugins that got modified since the last version.

But with our multi-modules maven project and the use of the release plugin, this is clearly
something we can't really do.

I think at the time I didn't know Maven that well, especially the automated releases part.

My bad... :(

> Remove them :-)

Sure.
I'm almost done and ready to commit.