directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject [VOTE] Release of Apache Directory Studio 1.5.2
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 15:20:13 GMT
Hi Dev.,

We'd like to propose a vote for the release of Apache Directory Studio version 1.5.2.

Version 1.5.1 shipped less than two weeks ago but important bugs (particularly a critical
one) have been discovered and fixed since then.

4 Jiras have been addressed since the release of 1.5.1 mainly related to:
- a critical bug that does not allow a newly created Apache DS server to be started correctly
- a major bug in DN parsing of certain entries

2 Jiras have also been fixed in Shared which also needs to be released with Studio 1.5.2.

Here are the complete release notes from JIRA:

Shared - version 0.9.17 - [1]
*Bug*
  * DIRSHARED-42 - ClassCastException in Rdn.getAttributeTypeAndValue()
  * DIRSHARED-41 - DN parser fails to parse names containing an numeric OID value

Apache Directory Studio - version 1.5.2 - [2]
*Task*
  * DIRSTUDIO-605 - Update the help content of the configuration editor for version 1.5.5
of Apache DS
*Bug*
  * DIRSTUDIO-603 - Error browsing/entering rfc2307 compliant host entry
  * DIRSTUDIO-602 - Unable to start an Apache DS version 1.5.5 server
  * DIRSTUDIO-601 - The 'Perform Search/Search Again' button in the Search Result Editor does
not work correctly

Considering the seriousness of the bugs we discovered and the limited code modifications between
versions 1.5.1 and 1.5.2, I'd suggest that this vote *only* last *48 hours* (instead of the
regular 72 hours) to allow us to release this as soon as possible, if there's no objection
of course.

As usual, distributions will be available for testing.

I'm going to generate and upload them here:
http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/ApacheDirectoryStudio-1.5.2-SNAPSHOT/

Let's vote now:
[ ] +1 | Release Apache Directory Studio 1.5.2 (and Shared 0.9.17)
[ ] +/-0 | Abstain
[ ] -1 | Do *NOT* release Apache Directory Studio 1.5.2 (and Shared 0.9.17)

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

--

[1] - https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=12310770&fixfor=12314450