directory-dev mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <ayyagariki...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: About unit tests
Date Tue, 29 Dec 2009 06:18:50 GMT

> There is still a question though : right now, in order to start the DS
> at the very last moment, we don't create the DS until we run the test.
> I'm not sure it's the right strategy, because it forces the code which
> runs the test to be overly complex, dealing with all the cases.
>
> I think that instanciating the Suite DS at the suite level, the Class DS
> at the class level, and the Method DS at the test level is probably a
> better strategy.

IMO, this is good while running all the tests as part of a suite(which I believe is the case
90% of time),
but any test class when run in standalone mode will instantiate a class level DS even if a
method level DS
is defined, but this can be negligible if the DS startup time is at the acceptable level.

Kiran Ayyagari