directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel LŽcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about new OC addition to the schema
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 18:54:43 GMT
Quanah Gibson-Mount a écrit :
> --On Friday, December 11, 2009 7:10 PM +0100 Emmanuel Lecharny
> <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi guys,
>>
>> just a question about how to handle a specific case. If someone tries to
>> inject an OC with an AT present twice in the MAY or MUST, what should we
>> do ?
>>
>> For instance, we have :
>>
>> MAY ( cn $ sn $ cn )
>>
>> Should it be considered as an error, and rejected, or should we just
>> accept the OC ?
>
> I think it should be rejected as an error.  I should see what OL does
> with such a thing.

Right now, ADS takes :

OBJECT_CLASS ( 1.1.1
 STRUCTURAL
 MAY ( 'cn' 'ref' 'commonName' )
 )

accept it, and stores with this form :

OBJECT_CLASS ( 1.1.1
 STRUCTURAL
 MAY ( 'cn' 'ref' )
 )

The 'commonName' has been removed, as 'cn' is already present.

I can change this behavior and generate an error too, if OL does that,
in order to avoid a divergence in Schemas.

Thanks Quanah !