directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Directory Studio 1.5.2
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 08:37:35 GMT
[X] +1 | Release Apache Directory Studio 1.5.2 (and Shared 0.9.17)

On 8 déc. 2009, at 18:13, Ersin ER wrote:

> [X] +1 | Release Apache Directory Studio 1.5.2 (and Shared 0.9.17)
>
> On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 17:20, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa@marcelot.net> wrote:
> Hi Dev.,
>
> We'd like to propose a vote for the release of Apache Directory Studio version 1.5.2.
>
> Version 1.5.1 shipped less than two weeks ago but important bugs (particularly a critical
one) have been discovered and fixed since then.

> 4 Jiras have been addressed since the release of 1.5.1 mainly related to:
> - a critical bug that does not allow a newly created Apache DS server to be started correctly
> - a major bug in DN parsing of certain entries
>
> 2 Jiras have also been fixed in Shared which also needs to be released with Studio 1.5.2.
>

> Here are the complete release notes from JIRA:
>
> Shared - version 0.9.17 - [1]
> *Bug*
>  * DIRSHARED-42 - ClassCastException in Rdn.getAttributeTypeAndValue()
>  * DIRSHARED-41 - DN parser fails to parse names containing an numeric OID value
>
> Apache Directory Studio - version 1.5.2 - [2]
> *Task*
>  * DIRSTUDIO-605 - Update the help content of the configuration editor for version 1.5.5
of Apache DS
> *Bug*
>  * DIRSTUDIO-603 - Error browsing/entering rfc2307 compliant host entry
>  * DIRSTUDIO-602 - Unable to start an Apache DS version 1.5.5 server
>  * DIRSTUDIO-601 - The 'Perform Search/Search Again' button in the Search Result Editor
does not work correctly

> Considering the seriousness of the bugs we discovered and the limited code modifications
between versions 1.5.1 and 1.5.2, I'd suggest that this vote *only* last *48 hours* (instead
of the regular 72 hours) to allow us to release this as soon as possible, if there's no objection
of course.