Hi,

The question is simple: are we considering Java 6 as the minimum required JVM version for ApacheDS 2.0?

Java 5 has recently reached end of service life (at least at Sun):
http://java.sun.com/products/archive/eol.policy.html

Although Java 6 does not bring many features that are critical for ApacheDS, it would at least be a more modern JVM. And of course I am especially interested in javax.scripting APIs for the SP subsystem (It needs a serious review). Also some other related improvements have been introduced for JMX, Annotations, Security. See http://java.sun.com/javase/6/features.jsp for more details.

After JVM has been open-sourced and integrated into all Linux distributions Java 6 has been mainstream IMO.

However if you have any concerns regarding sticking with Java 5, just tell them please.

Regards,

--
Ersin Er
The Apache Directory Project