directory-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse McConnell <jesse.mcconn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Java 6 before/after ApacheDS 2.0
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:21:27 GMT
> Regarding the NIO/SSL issues, sadly, those problems are existing with Java
> 5, AFAIK. There are addressed by the MINA project (there is a branch with an
> experimental solution, we still have to check if the patch works well).

I agree the SSL client renegotiation exploit is an issue on 1.5 (all
of em really) and jetty has an experimental patch for it as well...but
I am not aware of any issues with 1.5 and NIO, at least none that
result in trifling little things like 100% CPU usage as with 1.6...if
you have any pointers on that would be appreciated elecharny.

cheers!
jesse