directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: oracle backend 1.5.5
Date Fri, 27 Nov 2009 18:56:50 GMT
Andrea,

On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 1:18 PM, Andrea Gariboldi <
andrea.gariboldi@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys,
>    i'am trying to get a good release of the oracle backend for
> the 1.5.5 release: i would like to work on the 1.5.5 files and i am
> a bit confused on how to do it, may be someone can help:
>
> svn co 1.5.5 tag ?

Right now Emmanuel is working on a schema branch that he needs to replace
the trunk with.  I think you should work on this branch if possible (flux of
changes should have been reduced).  The branch is here and this is the check
out command:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/branches/apacheds-schema-with-dependencies/

svn co
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/apacheds/branches/apacheds-schema-with-dependenciesschema-branch

This will check out everything including the ADS dependencies including the
shared, daemon and installer projects into a single folder.

Talk to Emm before you begin just to confirm his position on this.  THings
got delayed for him due to his famous beer drinking laptop finally dropping
dead.

> should i check in the sources into the svn ?

Yep go for it.  Just make sure things compile.  Maybe you can add a profile
called 'oracle' that includes all the oracle based dependencies and your
project to build.

> If yes, which should be name of the directory (eg. core-oracle or
> backend-oracle or...) ?

How is oracle-partition to use same pattern as jdbm-partition and
ldif-partition?

> core-cursors have been moved to shared-cursors, right ?

Yep.  You can find it here:

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/shared/trunk/cursor/

However the svn-external directives in the folder for your first check out
will pull the correct branch or trunk of shared corresponding to the schema
branch that Emm is working on.

Thanks for starting this up again.  I'm sure many people will want to use
this partition.

HTH,
Alex

--