directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Schema Refactoring] Pb with AT, Collective and missing Usage
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 01:40:00 GMT
I guess this finding in the rfc clarifies the issue for you.  Any other
implementation issues in your way?

On Nov 22, 2009 2:41 PM, "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecharny@apache.org> wrote:

Sorry, I was plain wrong. RFC 4512, par. 4.1.2 states that :

"Usage of userApplications, the default, indicates that attributes of this
type represent user information. That is, they are user attributes."

So the userApplications value is the default, and this parameter is not
inherited from a SUP :

"If SUP field is provided, the EQUALITY, ORDERING, and SUBSTRING fields, if
not specified, take their value from the supertype."

Emmanuel Lecharny wrote: > > Hi, > > I had to remove the default
initialization of the USAGE param...