directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Schema refactoring] Loading new SchemaObjects
Date Tue, 10 Nov 2009 14:51:15 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 6:00 AM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> just to be sure that I'm not wrong :
>
> when loading (or deleting) a SchemaObject from a schema, we have three case
> :
>
> - the schema is loaded (on disk) and enabled : the schema object is loaded
> into the registries and the oidRegistry

OK presuming the schema object is a novel addition and no collisions occur
then yes.

> - the schema is loaded (on disk) and disabled : the schema object is loaded
> into the oidRegistry, no exception is thrown

Yep it is added to the ou=schema area but not enabled (meaning put into the
respective schema object type registry).  It must be put in the oid registry
(forget why atm).

> - the schema is not loaded : we throw an exception

I guess you mean this is an attempt to load a schema object into a
non-existent schema right?  In that case yes an exception would result.

> When I say 'loaded on disk', that means we have an entry associated with
> the schema (ou=schema, cn=<schemaName>) must previously exist.
>
> Is that ok ?

Sounds perfect if I have understood you correctly in the last case.

Thanks for groking this!

Alex

--
Alex Karasulu