directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Directory Studio 1.5.1
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 10:21:20 GMT
It's up now.

Regards,
P-A

On 24 nov. 2009, at 09:38, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:

> As usual, distributions will be available for testing.
>
> I'm going to generate and upload them here:
> http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/ApacheDirectoryStudio_1.5.1-SNAPSHOT/
>
> Regards,
> P-A
>

> On 24 nov. 2009, at 09:22, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> We'd like to propose a vote for the release of Apache Directory Studio version 1.5.1.
>>
>> Version 1.5 shipped less than a month ago with lots of new features and improvements.
Unfortunately, a few bugs (particularly a critical one) have gotten into the release too.

>> We've addressed 14 Jiras since the release of 1.5 mainly related to:
>> - a nasty bug where a modify operation could be sent to the server when refreshing
the LDAP Browser view
>> - correctly handling entries with a hash sign (#) in their DN
>> - glitches and performance improvements in the UI
>> - typos in the french translation
>>

>> Here are the complete release notes from JIRA:
>> * Bug
>>  - [DIRSTUDIO-576] - Context menu not shown after a right-click on a non-cached entry
>>  - [DIRSTUDIO-577] - LDIF editor doesn't notify Eclipse that the LDIF file has changed
when saving
>>  - [DIRSTUDIO-580] - Setting "Validate certificates for secure LDAP connections"
is not saved
>>  - [DIRSTUDIO-587] - UI flickers on quick search
>>  - [DIRSTUDIO-589] - InvalidNameException: unexpected token for user ids starting
with hash sign
>>  - [DIRSTUDIO-590] - The 'Quick Search' string has not been externalized in the LDAP
Browser view
>>  - [DIRSTUDIO-591] - Error reading objects with # in DN
>>  - [DIRSTUDIO-592] - LDAP Browser view is refreshed twice after the initialization
of the children of an entry
>>  - [DIRSTUDIO-593] - Missing string and typo in the french translation of the Password
Editor
>>  - [DIRSTUDIO-594] - The 'Show new password details' checkbox does not display the
'Enter new password' text field as clear text when checked in the Password Editor
>>  - [DIRSTUDIO-596] - Various typos in the french translation
>>  - [DIRSTUDIO-597] - Modification sent to the server while browsing through the DIT
and refreshing entries
>>  - [DIRSTUDIO-598] - Base64 encoded DN marked as invalid in LDIF editor
>>
>> * Improvement
>>  - [DIRSTUDIO-595] - The icon of the entry in the 'Outline' view should be the same
as the one in the 'LDAP Browser' view

>> Let's vote now:
>> [ ] +1 | Release Apache Directory Studio 1.5.1 (and Shared 0.9.16)
>> [ ] +/-0 | Abstain
>> [ ] -1 | Do *NOT* release Apache Directory Studio 1.5.1 (and Shared 0.9.16)
>>

>> IMPORTANT NOTE: The release of Studio *DOES* implicates the release of Shared version
0.9.16 as it bring fixes for correctly parsing DNs containing a hash sign (#).