directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Sahlin" <thomas.sah...@invented.se>
Subject [ApacheDS] Writing a custom partition
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 13:41:27 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm trying out the example on how to write a simple custom partition (it's
at
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/61-how-to-write-a-simple-custom-partition-for-apacheds.html).

I've created a class called TestPartition (pretty much identical to the
example HelloWorldPartition) and built it into a jar called LDAPTest.jar.

In /var/lib/apacheds-1.5.5/default/conf/server.xml I've added the following:

  </jdbmPartition>

  <s:bean id="testPartition" class="se.invented.apacheds.TestPartition">
    <s:property name="suffix" value="ou=hello" />
  </s:bean>
</partitions>

I've placed LDAPTest.jar inside /opt/apacheds-1.5.5/lib and added the
following to /opt/apacheds-1.5.5/conf/apacheds.conf:

wrapper.java.classpath.6=../lib/LDAPTest.jar

When I start the server it runs for a second and then dies with the attached
log message.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks,

Thomas Sahlin