directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <paj...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Schema Refactoring] Serious side effect...
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 09:10:17 GMT
Hi Emmanuel,

I think you're right. It's definitely a better idea.

You probably have a lot of objects of the original registry in use in
other classes or data structures.

Swapping registries means updating all the schema objects values
contained in the original registry which is kind of unnecessary
because most of these objects have no been modified at all.

So I think it definitely makes sense. Especially when i have in mind
the use the schema manager to rewrite the schema editor plugin for
Studio.

Using the registry swap would force us to do a lot of refresh in the
UI for almost nothing.

Regards,
P-A