directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Thomas Sahlin" <thomas.sah...@invented.se>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Debugging from within Eclipse
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:51:31 GMT
Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:

> Sure ! The starting point is a class named UberMain.java. But as we are
> using Spring, if you want to step in the real server, the entry point is
> the DirectoryService class (assuming you don't want to deal with the
> network layer).

Very cool, thank you!

I figured out that it was the UberjarMain.java in apacheds-noarch/... and
that I had to run "mvn eclipse:ecilpse" inside that directory to get the
project (it was not created when I ran mvn eclipse:eclipse inside
apacheds-trunk).

I've noticed that the compiled files that Eclipse builds automatically are
not used when I run the program.

What is the preferred way of quickly rebuilding the server when one has made
some changes (without running all the tests etc)?

Is the "clean" in "mvn clean install" essential or does it just wipe out
previous compiles like make clean?

Thanks,

Thomas Sahlin