directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject [Schema Refactoring] Proposal
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 16:46:28 GMT
Hi,

considering the problem we might face if we allow all modifications in
the schema, I would suggest we implement only a partial support for
modification in the server.

First, we will have a dual mode for the SchemaManager :
- strict, used in the server
- relaxed, used in studio and in the API

If the Schema is in strict mode :
- Add operations will be allowed for AT, C, MR, N, OC, S and SC
- Move operations will be allowed for AT, C, MR, N, OC, S and SC
- Enabling schemas will be allowed
- All other operations will be rejected (any operation done on DCR, DSR,
NF and MRU, all deletes, renaming, modifications, disabling a schema)
- We can't have two SchemaObject with the same OID in a specific registry

If the Schema is in relaxed mode :
- all the operations will be allowed
- we will be able to inject more than one object in a specific registry
with the same OID

Is that OK ?

PS: We also need to add some listeners in the SchemaManager, Schema and
SchemaObject.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com