directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Zoerner <ste...@labeo.de>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Writing a custom partition
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 15:56:44 GMT
Thomas Sahlin wrote:
> Ok, thanks!
>
> I did compile my partition against the 1.5.5-JARs, but perhaps the API
> changes you mention cause problems at run time.

Strange. I have revisited the example and modified it to work with the
1.5.5 server. The WIKI page will take some time to get published on WWW,
but the main differences are in the source code anyway. Check them here:

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?revision=883370&view=revision

The example, as committed here

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/szoerner/helloWorldPartition

compiles well in my environment and runs within a standard 1.5.5 download.

It is sufficient to copy the resulting jar file in the lib/ext directory
of ApacheDS -- no modification of the classpath needed. Simply adjust
your server.xml to use the partition, or use it embedded as demonstrated
here

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/szoerner/helloWorldPartition/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/samples/partition/hello/Main.java

Feel free to ask, if it still does not work as expected.
Greetings from Hamburg,
     StefanZ