directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Debugging from within Eclipse
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 14:01:25 GMT
Thomas Sahlin wrote:
> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> Sure ! The starting point is a class named UberMain.java. But as we
>> are using Spring, if you want to step in the real server, the entry
>> point is the DirectoryService class (assuming you don't want to deal
>> with the network layer).
>
> Very cool, thank you!
>
> I figured out that it was the UberjarMain.java in apacheds-noarch/...
> and that I had to run "mvn eclipse:ecilpse" inside that directory to
> get the project (it was not created when I ran mvn eclipse:eclipse
> inside apacheds-trunk).
You first have to mvn clean install the full project, then do the same
thing in the install project. Once this is done, running mvn
eclipse:eclipse in trunk should do the trick.

> I've noticed that the compiled files that Eclipse builds automatically
> are not used when I run the program.
This is because you didn't run mvn eclipse:eclipse in trunk. It then use
the maven jars.

> What is the preferred way of quickly rebuilding the server when one
> has made some changes (without running all the tests etc)?
You can disable the test, by doing a mvn clean install
-Dmaven.test.skip. Tests won't be executed.

> Is the "clean" in "mvn clean install" essential or does it just wipe
> out previous compiles like make clean?
Well, it cleans up the working directories. I don't know... I always do
a clean install ;)

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com