directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject [Schema refactoring] heads up
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:11:18 GMT
Working on this refactoring is really like playing against Ireland : you
have to score using your hand in order to get out of this trap (atoni)
in order to qualify for a 2.0 :/

Basically, I had two issues to deal with lately, and both of them took
me half a day. The first one was related to an incorrect method to be
called when swapping registries : this method was restoring data
supposed to have been removed. Too bad ...

The second problem is more painfull : I now have some random errors when
running tests, due to some "Too many open files" error. The reason is
that we heavily depend on LdifReader now that we read the schema from
disk, and this stupid class open the ldif files, but never close them !!!

Otherwise, AT, C and MR add and delete operations are correctly working now.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org