directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Directory Studio 1.5.1
Date Tue, 24 Nov 2009 08:38:09 GMT
As usual, distributions will be available for testing.

I'm going to generate and upload them here:
http://people.apache.org/~pamarcelot/ApacheDirectoryStudio_1.5.1-SNAPSHOT/

Regards,
P-A

On 24 nov. 2009, at 09:22, Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We'd like to propose a vote for the release of Apache Directory Studio version 1.5.1.
>
> Version 1.5 shipped less than a month ago with lots of new features and improvements.
Unfortunately, a few bugs (particularly a critical one) have gotten into the release too.

> We've addressed 14 Jiras since the release of 1.5 mainly related to:
> - a nasty bug where a modify operation could be sent to the server when refreshing the
LDAP Browser view
> - correctly handling entries with a hash sign (#) in their DN
> - glitches and performance improvements in the UI
> - typos in the french translation
>

> Here are the complete release notes from JIRA:
> * Bug
>  - [DIRSTUDIO-576] - Context menu not shown after a right-click on a non-cached entry
>  - [DIRSTUDIO-577] - LDIF editor doesn't notify Eclipse that the LDIF file has changed
when saving
>  - [DIRSTUDIO-580] - Setting "Validate certificates for secure LDAP connections" is not
saved
>  - [DIRSTUDIO-587] - UI flickers on quick search
>  - [DIRSTUDIO-589] - InvalidNameException: unexpected token for user ids starting with
hash sign
>  - [DIRSTUDIO-590] - The 'Quick Search' string has not been externalized in the LDAP
Browser view
>  - [DIRSTUDIO-591] - Error reading objects with # in DN
>  - [DIRSTUDIO-592] - LDAP Browser view is refreshed twice after the initialization of
the children of an entry
>  - [DIRSTUDIO-593] - Missing string and typo in the french translation of the Password
Editor
>  - [DIRSTUDIO-594] - The 'Show new password details' checkbox does not display the 'Enter
new password' text field as clear text when checked in the Password Editor
>  - [DIRSTUDIO-596] - Various typos in the french translation
>  - [DIRSTUDIO-597] - Modification sent to the server while browsing through the DIT and
refreshing entries
>  - [DIRSTUDIO-598] - Base64 encoded DN marked as invalid in LDIF editor
>
> * Improvement
>  - [DIRSTUDIO-595] - The icon of the entry in the 'Outline' view should be the same as
the one in the 'LDAP Browser' view

> Let's vote now:
> [ ] +1 | Release Apache Directory Studio 1.5.1 (and Shared 0.9.16)
> [ ] +/-0 | Abstain
> [ ] -1 | Do *NOT* release Apache Directory Studio 1.5.1 (and Shared 0.9.16)
>

> IMPORTANT NOTE: The release of Studio *DOES* implicates the release of Shared version
0.9.16 as it bring fixes for correctly parsing DNs containing a hash sign (#).