I am sure we have hundreds or even thousands of such improvement to make in the code.

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 00:12, Emmanuel Lecharny <> wrote:
Hi guys !

Life is not simple ;)

I have been struggling lately with Operational Attributes (mainly modifiersName and modifyTimestamp) which were updated *after* the real modification was done on the backend. It worked good so far, but the idea of having two updates when one would have been enough juts killed me. So I tried to inject those AO into the mods, before reaching the backend.

Hell on earth !

I had to check first that they weren't added into the original mods (it's not allowed). Then I tried to run the tests, and I had some dull issues as they seems to make the reverter complaining. The reason was that the reverter was using the opContext mods, which has been modified in the next interceptor. So I was injecting those AO into the server, something I forbidden with my previously added check ! Chicken and egg !

But in fact, no. I just had to clone the mods in the ChangeLog interceptor, and everything went back to normal (well, with many other unrelated errors...)

Direct benefit : modifications will be twice faster on the server now !!!

More to come ...

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny

Ersin ER