directory-dev mailing list archives

From Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: Apache Directory Studio on FreeBSD
Date Mon, 19 Oct 2009 10:05:38 GMT
Hi Alexey,
2009/10/19 Alexey Ivanov <need4spam@bk.ru>

> Is there a way to run apache-ds on FreeBSD amd64?
>
> I can neither build it from source, nor run linux binaries.
>
> I have this issue when compiling from source:
>
> RABBITZ# svn co
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/studio/tags/1.4.0.v20090407/ ads
> RABBITZ# cd ads
> RABBITZ# mvn clean install
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [INFO]
> [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
> [INFO]
>

> Project ID: org.apache.directory.studio:parent-help:pom:null
>
> Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache.directory.studio:parent for project:
> org.apache.directory.studio:parent-help:pom:null for project
> org.apache.directory.studio:parent-help:pom:null
>
> RABBITZ# pkg_info | grep maven
> maven2-2.2.1        Java project management tool, 2.0 branch

I also noticed this behavior with the tagged version.
Looks like the Maven Release plugin we're using, did not correctly update
all the pom.xml files. Especially, the 'parent-help' pom.

You should try to build our actual trunk (which is pretty stable since we're
planing to release the version 1.5 in the next days).

> and this issue when trying to run linux 32bit binaries:
> "The ApacheDirectoryStudio executable launcher was unable to locate its
> companion shared library."
> It doesn't even says what libraries it's missing

If you're running on a 'amd64' architecture, you should try the 'Linux
x86_64' version of Studio.
If it's not compatible with your architecture, you can even install Studio
within Eclipse (if Eclipse runs on your platform, Studio should run within
this Eclipse).

Hope this helps,
Pierre-Arnaud