directory-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Alderson <Martin.Alder...@salfordsoftware.co.uk>
Subject RE: [Studio] Debugging in eclipse
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 17:19:41 GMT
> > The developers guide on the site talks about starting the studio
> plugins in a runtime environment [1].  I don't really understand that
> but the instructions don't seem to be valid - there is no "Studio
> Runtime" in the "Run Configurations" dialog box.
>
> This means that you start another eclipse (which contains all
> additional
> plugins in your workspace) from within your main eclipse instance.
>
> Have you imported all projects into your eclipse workspace? The "rcp"
> project contains a "Studio-Runtime.launch" file. This lauch file should
> automatically create a launch configuration in the "Run Configuration"
> dialog, below "Eclipse Application" section.

Thanks Stefan!  It was there all along.

The "Eclipse Application" node was collapsed, hiding "Studio-Runtime" but I couldn't tell
as Windows 7 hides the expand/collapse tree widgets until the tree has focus :(

I knew that was going to catch me out sooner or later.  I want my always visible + and - tree
expansion widgets back!

Thanks,

Martin