directory-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <seelm...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Studio] Debugging in eclipse
Date Thu, 29 Oct 2009 16:45:00 GMT
Martin Alderson schrieb:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm hoping to take a more in-depth look at studio.  I have the code loaded in eclipse
and it seems to build ok, but how do I launch an instance from eclipse so I can debug it?

Cool :-)

> The developers guide on the site talks about starting the studio plugins in a runtime
environment [1].  I don't really understand that but the instructions don't seem to be valid
- there is no "Studio Runtime" in the "Run Configurations" dialog box.

This means that you start another eclipse (which contains all additional
plugins in your workspace) from within your main eclipse instance.

Have you imported all projects into your eclipse workspace? The "rcp"
project contains a "Studio-Runtime.launch" file. This lauch file should
automatically create a launch configuration in the "Run Configuration"
dialog, below "Eclipse Application" section.

Kind Regards,
Stefan