directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Apache Directory Studio 1.5
Date Sat, 24 Oct 2009 11:33:56 GMT
Stefan Seelmann wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> Emmanuel Lecharny wrote:
>
>> Some few issues I have :
>> - when opening the Schema Borwoser with an OpenLDAP server, I can only
>> see the AT and Syntax, nothing else.
>>

> I can see all schema object (OC, AT, MR, MRU, Syntax). I'm using
> OpenLDAP 2.4.15 on my Ubuntu box. I'll test with other OpenLDAP versions
> as well.
>
> What happens if you reload the schema in the schema browser?

Never mind, I was using the default Ubuntu OpenLDAP version (2.4.11).
Totally outdated.

>> Also, if I right click on the cn=Subschema entry, and check the "Include
>> the operational atttributes' box, and click on 'Refresh', I get an LDAP
>> error 32: No such Object message. However, this is the only way to see
>> all the SchemaObjects (and it works).
>>

> First, if you toggle the checkbox there should be an automatic refresh.
>
> Second, the error message occurs, that is right. The reason is that the
> 'Refresh' action in the 'LDAP Browser' view does two searches:
> - a scope=base search for the entry to load all its attributes
> - a scope=one search for the entry to load all its children
>
> OpenLDAP returns such an error for the latter search. BTW, this error
> exists since day one of studio ;-)

I guess that it's an OpenLDAP issue then. If there is no entries with a
scope ONE? there is no reason to get an error ...

>> When the entry is opened, if I right click on the AT, and select 'Show
>> in Ldap Browser', nothing happens.
>>

> This action selects the entry that is opened in the entry editor in the
> LDAP Browser. This could make sense if the "Link with Editor" action is
> off. Of course, if the entry is already selected in the LDAP Browser
> than nothing happens.
>
> However I found another issue with that feature. The label of the
> selected entry in the LDAP Browser changes to "-1, filtered". I'll
> investigate...

Yeah, saw that too.

>> The very same, if I right click on AT and select 'show in Ldap browser',
>> and then right click on ObjectClasses, the 'Open Schema Browser' menu is
>> all disabled.
>>

> Yes, I could confirm this bug.
>

>> Seems like a bit unstable at this point...
>>

> Thanks for testing!

I will do more testing with an updated OpenLDAP.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com