directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject [Schema refactoring] Keep going...
Date Tue, 06 Oct 2009 05:38:51 GMT

this morning, I validated the Add operation for the AttributeTypes,
following this algorithm :

Add operation

We try to add a new SchemaObject into the server. Here is the algorithm :

    the SO must not exist in the schemaPartition
    if SO is disabled
        store in the schemaPartition
        the SO must be part of an enabled schema
        check the entry
        if OK
          store into the Registries
          store in the schemaPartition
          update the schemaModifiers AT

Sadly, I found new bugs I had to fix : when an AT does not have a SYNTAX
(this is legal), no check was done for an existing SUP (we must have
either a SUP or a SYNTAX). Also MR weren't inherited when they were null
and we had a SUP with the declared MR.

Not complicated, but that shows we need some more regression tests !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message