directory-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject [schema refactoring] In the middle of the jungle ...
Date Mon, 05 Oct 2009 21:12:01 GMT
Hi guys !

Life is not simple ;)

I have been struggling lately with Operational Attributes (mainly 
modifiersName and modifyTimestamp) which were updated *after* the real 
modification was done on the backend. It worked good so far, but the 
idea of having two updates when one would have been enough juts killed 
me. So I tried to inject those AO into the mods, before reaching the 
backend.

Hell on earth !

I had to check first that they weren't added into the original mods 
(it's not allowed). Then I tried to run the tests, and I had some dull 
issues as they seems to make the reverter complaining. The reason was 
that the reverter was using the opContext mods, which has been modified 
in the next interceptor. So I was injecting those AO into the server, 
something I forbidden with my previously added check ! Chicken and egg !

But in fact, no. I just had to clone the mods in the ChangeLog 
interceptor, and everything went back to normal (well, with many other 
unrelated errors...)

Direct benefit : modifications will be twice faster on the server now !!!

More to come ...

-- 
--
cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org



Mime
View raw message