directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: About AcceptAllSyntaxChecker...
Date Sat, 03 Oct 2009 11:03:11 GMT
Ersin ER wrote:
> So what's the motivation? To make it sound more like a LDAP?

No, the problem I have is really more related to the way we load the
SyntaxCheckers in ADS : AcceptAllSyntaxChecker can take any kind of OID,
including none. This generate a NPE in the new schema handler, and I
would like to avoid crippling the code with workarounds for such null OIDs.
> Can there be anything that would not be validated with OSSC?

I don't think so. Here is the grammar for this element :

 From RFC 4517 :
 OctetString = *OCTET

 From RFC 4512 :
 OCTET   = %x00-FF ; Any octet (8-bit data unit)

> Does OSSC cover any textual and binary values?

Yes, assuming you handle the conversion. But if you know that your
attribute is containing text, it's probably better to pick another
syntax for it.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com