directory-dev mailing list archives

From Eirik Bjørsnøs <eir...@gmail.com>
Subject Disabling schema checking
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 09:52:18 GMT
Hi,

I'm trying to rewrite some JUnit tests running agains an external LDAP
server to use Apache DS instead.

The old server has certain schema checks disabled. I'd like to disable
schema checking in ApacheDS as well since the alternative would
involve rewriting a lot of code.

My first approch was to disable the SchemaInterceptor as described in
this thread:

 http://markmail.org/thread/72gxj37arygooama

However, this seems to break my code that adds custom attributes and
objectclasses. It fails with a NameNotFoundException ("Cannot find a
partition for 2.5.4.3=schema"). So it seems that the SchemaInterceptor
is responsible for more that just enforcing rules when modifying the
directory.

In that thread Alex also mentioned plans for rewriting the
SchemaInterceptor so that it would be easier to just disable
enforcement of rules:

http://markmail.org/message/i4mud4i3yqz5n6uo

Did any work get done on this? Or is there some easier way to disable checks?

Thanks,
Eirik.