directory-dev mailing list archives

From pepe_gaetano <pepe_gaet...@live.it>
Subject LDAP Error:The directory service is not available
Date Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:10:24 GMT

Hi

I have a problem with LDAP, I use apache directory server and I would add a
new user ....I use Visual Studio and the code

is:

public static void prova(string FullName)
        {
            DirectoryEntry container;
            DirectoryEntries ChildEntry;

            container = new
DirectoryEntry("LDAP://localhost:10389/cn=user1,ou=users,ou=system",
"admin", "secret");

            try
            {

                ChildEntry = container.Children;
                DirectoryEntry NewEntry = ChildEntry.Add("cn=" + FullName,
"user");
                NewEntry.CommitChanges();
                NewEntry.Close();
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                throw new Exception("Error " + ex.Message);
            }
         }

The problem is that I have this type of error:The directory service is not
available
somebody could help me?