I think it's a waste of time trying to force fit the FS namespace to the LDAP namespace.  I think we should just load LDIF files if they exist in or below some partition directory.  They can contain any LDIF and have any number of LDIF entries in them.  It's up to the server to track files and contents.

This way there is no constraint on users to manage any kind of layout on the FS to have a partition that reads and uses LDIFs.