directory-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Karasulu <akaras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [LDIF partition] File names
Date Sat, 05 Sep 2009 21:25:31 GMT
I think it's a waste of time trying to force fit the FS namespace to the
LDAP namespace.  I think we should just load LDIF files if they exist in or
below some partition directory.  They can contain any LDIF and have any
number of LDIF entries in them.  It's up to the server to track files and
contents.

This way there is no constraint on users to manage any kind of layout on the
FS to have a partition that reads and uses LDIFs.

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org