directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Small tool for tests
Date Wed, 30 Sep 2009 00:03:35 GMT
Hi guys,

while being in Portland, I saw a slide from Neil Willson where he shown
something like a helper method to create entries using a LDIF format,
but using multi-attributes instead of using a single string.

I have create such a static method in AttributeUtils. Instead of doing
that in your code :

        Attributes attrs = new BasicAttributes( true );
        Attribute oc = new BasicAttribute( "objectClass", "top" );
        oc.add( "metaTop" );
        oc.add( "metaAttributeType" );
        attrs.put( oc );
        attrs.put( "m-oid", OID );
        attrs.put( "m-syntax", SchemaConstants.INTEGER_SYNTAX );
        attrs.put( "m-description", DESCRIPTION0 );
        attrs.put( "m-equality", "caseIgnoreMatch" );
        attrs.put( "m-singleValue", "FALSE" );
        attrs.put( "m-usage", "directoryOperation" );

do now :

        Attributes attrs = AttributeUtils.createAttributes(
            "objectClass: top",
            "objectClass: metaTop",
            "objectClass: metaAttributeType",
            "m-oid:" + OID,
            "m-syntax:" + SchemaConstants.INTEGER_SYNTAX,
            "m-description:" + DESCRIPTION0,
            "m-equality: caseIgnoreMatch",
            "m-singleValue: FALSE",
            "m-usage: directoryOperation" );

Way better ! And thanks Neil for the idea !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org