directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject [Schema refactoring] SubschemaSubentry AT to the rescue ...
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 00:31:16 GMT
There is another option we can use to solve the problem I mention in my
previous mail :
using the subschemaSubentry AT for each entry.

The idea is that this AT contains a reference (a DN) pointing to the
subschema subentry containing the enabled schema for its naming context
(assuming that each naming context has its own schema. We can then
define a special subschema subentry for the cn=schema naming context
whoch contains *all* the SchemaObject regardless they are enabled or
disabled, as we can't add anything else but SchemaObjects in this naming

That plus usage of NameForm, DitContentRule and DitStructure rules may
help a lot constraining the schema to contain only schemaObjects.

Sadly, I don't see how we can possibly inject such modifications into
the server in the next few months, before 2.0 is out ... :/

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny

View raw message