directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject [Schema refactoring] SubschemaSubentry AT to the rescue ...
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 00:31:16 GMT
There is another option we can use to solve the problem I mention in my
previous mail :
using the subschemaSubentry AT for each entry.

The idea is that this AT contains a reference (a DN) pointing to the
subschema subentry containing the enabled schema for its naming context
(assuming that each naming context has its own schema. We can then
define a special subschema subentry for the cn=schema naming context
whoch contains *all* the SchemaObject regardless they are enabled or
disabled, as we can't add anything else but SchemaObjects in this naming
context.

That plus usage of NameForm, DitContentRule and DitStructure rules may
help a lot constraining the schema to contain only schemaObjects.

Sadly, I don't see how we can possibly inject such modifications into
the server in the next few months, before 2.0 is out ... :/

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org