directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS Schema] renaming ou=schema partiton
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 00:23:49 GMT
Kiran Ayyagari wrote:
> hello guys,
>
>       While talking to Emmanuel on IRC, we thought about replacing the
> content of the ou=schema partition with
>       what cn=schema holds(all schema objects) and renaming the
> partition to cn=schema.
>
>       This change IMO will make things more clear, e.x having the
> partition name same as the SSSE name.
>
>       wdyt?
>
> Kiran Ayyagari

The implication are not that complex to handle on the server. Right now,
the cn=schema subschema subentry, which is a mandatory element to have,
is generated from the registries content. It has no existence per se. On
the other hand, the ou=schema is a real entry and is also the
contextEntry of the schema partition (which naming context is ou=schema).

Merging both will imply that this element will be completed before being
returned when a client do a search operation.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com
directory.apache.org