directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject [SchemaRefactoring] status
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 22:32:26 GMT
Here is the list of remaining problems in the schema refactoring branch.
So far, I still have 117 errors, and 10 failures, all of them associated
with a schema modification. I have also fixed many schema modifications,
but we still have many remaining.

Remaining problems :

- first, when modifying a schemaobject in the SSSE (ou=schema), the
SchemaManager is not initialized, so every operation fail. We have to
fix that
- The LdifPartition does not correctly handle the
move/rename/moveAndRename operation atm : we have to move the files on
the disk, and to change the DN into each impacted file. That may imply a
recursive move as we may have children
- We have some other errors we have to fix (not that much)

Improvements/TODOs :

- Basic operations have to be review. We don't leverage the
ClonedServerEntry we have in the context, instead we do a lot of useless
lookup()
- Initialization seems to work, but it's far from being what we really
want it to be.
- CiRunner is not anymore cleaning the server when a new class is
starting, if the last time the test was launched crashed badly (ie, the
revert wasn't done). It's painfull, because you may have to launch the
test twice if you have stopped a test in the middle while debugging.

If someone feels like fixing the LdifPartition part, it should be
possible to do it as a separate part, as it's mainly a matter of moving
files and changing ldif entry contents (DN and RDN attribute change).

I will continue to work on cn=schema modifications atm.

Thanks !

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com