directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Schema refactory status
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 15:13:43 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Hi Emmanuel,
>
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2009 at 4:08 PM, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@apache.org>wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> core-integ tests are being fixed slowly but surely. As of today, 164 tests
>> are failing, out of 399.
>>
>> I still have some issues on modifications as we are trying to update some
>> data into a cn=schemaModifications,ou=schema entry. This entry does not
>> exist, and I don't know what it is supposed to contain. This impact a lot of
>> tests as many of them are enabling a schema, which means a modification in
>> the associated entry.
>>

> cn=schemaModifications is used to track timestamps on the schema I think.
> I'll have to look at it again though.  Leave this to me this weekend, I
> think I can scrub it clean.

I have added the ou=schemaModifications ldif file in ldap-schema
resources, but it's not enough. The RegistrySynchronizerAdaptor class
needs to be fixed in order to update this entry when a schema element is
modified.

Make me think that when we have updated the schema on disk, a second
modification is done to update the modifyTimestamp and modifiersName
operational attributes. In other words, we write the entry twice on
disk. A waste, IMHO.

We should inject those Operational attribute in the list of
modifications and apply them directly. That will have a direct impact on
the OperationalAttribute interceptor.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com