directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Re: does apache ds support openfire?
Date Fri, 11 Sep 2009 06:46:57 GMT
sahul wrote:
> I am trying to connect to Apache DS from openfire server. but when i try to
> connecct to apache ds by providing the credentials i.e. Bind
> dn:uid=admin,ou=system and password:secret authentication exception is
> coming. Plz tell me whether openfire support apache ds or vice versa....

I have no idea.

In any case, if the connection test works with Studio, then that means
the credentials are ok? Have you done the test?

If it fails, then you don't have the right credentials.

If it succeed, then openfire is probably sending a bad LDAP request, or
you are not using the correct port (default to 10389 on ADS, instead of
389 for the standard LDAP port), or uses LDAPS and LDAPS is not
activated on ADS.
> Thanks in advance

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny