directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@apache.org>
Subject Schema refactoring : heads up
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 17:41:44 GMT
Not that far from the end of the tunnel !

Atm, I'm working on core-integ, which was failing, due to a lack of
correct initialization of the directoryServer. I have been some steps
further, as I'm now able to send a first request to the interceptor
chain with real data.

Still getting some error, as the SchemaInterceptor is trying to check
the added entry ObjectClasses : one object class is not found in the
registries (inetorgPerson). After further investigation, this is because
I have just the 4 base schema (core, system, apache and apachemeta)
loaded into the registries, the other one being ignored.

The reason si probably that the Jar containing all the schema has not
been expanded correctly thus the LdifPartition is unable to load the
missing schema. Probably a working directory initialization to fix,
nothing bad. I'm pretty confident this can be fixed fast.

The main issue I faced was the initialization process, it's an absolute
mess. We have to describe the dependencies between the various
components, and the order in which they have to be initialized,
otherwise it's barely usable. Alex has started to define a Builder to do
that, and a move to Osgi will solve this problem, but first, we have to
be sure that the server is working fine, put the branch back to trunk,
and then start to refactor again.

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny
www.iktek.com